From practicing doctor to Digital Innovator & Entrepreneur
I discovered I had a knack for design late in life. While temporarily on a break from medicine, I played around with different new pastimes which included home design, cooking, vintage styling, & furniture refinishing. I even tried my hand at blogging! The deeper I got, in my foray into the digital space, the more creative I became (and the freer I felt). I even started making impact in my own field of healthcare! “Who knew,” I thought. I had found myself a new home. And it’s where I’ve lived since.
Today, I design, strategize, & reshape everything and anything that comes my way; from projects to websites to everyday content. I’m exactly where I’m meant to be.
- been named Medscape's Top Twenty Physician Influencers in 2019
- been named Top Ten Internists to Follow on Twitter by Medical Economics in 2018
- been featured in multiple publications, including LA Times, Boston Globe, Huff Post, SELF, Medscape, Medical Economics, EP Lab Digest, Gastro & Endo News
- spoken at multiple conferences and events, including the Harvard Writer's Healthcare CME Conference.
- spoken at the UN Commission for the Status of Women/AMWA
- co-curated a book: What We Bring to the Practice of Medicine (Kent State Press); a compilation of fab short stories by women physicians
- been heard on multiple podcasts, speaking about innovating, thinking outside of the box in healthcare, branding and social media strategy
- created organic traction on a movement that now spans across social media platforms and have sparked numerous physician-created brands and companies